Persian Cuisine

Kebab, (also kebapkabob, or kababis a Middle EasternEastern Mediterranean, and South Asian dish of pieces of meat, fish, or vegetables roasted or grilled on a skewer or spit originating in the Eastern MediterraneanThe word kebab means “to roast,” which is what grilling is, properly speaking. The traditional meat for kebab is lamb, but depending on local tastes and religious prohibitions, other meats may include beefgoat,chickenpork or fish. Like other ethnic foods brought by travellers, the kebab has remained a part of everyday cuisine in most of the Eastern Mediterranean and South Asia Though the kebabs now have different recipes and variety of meat used due to its popularity, kebabs are often prepared from ground meat spiced with pepper, parsley and other herbs and roasted on skewers. 

I have this favorite food place which was recommended to me by my cousin way back February 15, 2008. I actually remember the date because it was the day of my Junior Prom, right before I head to the parlor for my transformation. And since then until now, their beef kebab and their homemade yogurt are my all time favorite. It's quite sad that it is not that accessible to me because I only know they have a one main food place since they didn't have their branch anymore at this local mall here in Davao. But it's never been a hindrance to me to go there. Like you know what I mean, when you love something/(someone) you will do anything to see or go there. Was I right? So despite all the hindrances I really took some efforts just to eat my favorite food, especially when I'm craving. I did recommend the place to my friends and they all liked it. They also made it their favorite too. That's why, if you are a local Davaoeño or a tourist, you should check it out.

One beef kebab is not enough I promise. :)




Majid's Persian Kebabs (Majid means "glorious") located at  Rizal St, Poblacion District, Davao City, Davao del Sur. You could check them out and try their different dishes too. But there are pros and cons in  every business or even in a person, I'm not really here to state just the good side but I'm here to state a fact. Their food is good but they really need to improve more their establishment to attract costumers. Also they could at least add more branches like what they have before. But nevertheless I could say they serve good food though.  




I hope you could visit them and try out what they can offer.
Also if you want me to do "how to eat kebab" just leave a comment below. 
I love to read you insights. 



Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments :

Post a Comment